Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I couldn't post on Karuna's page, so this is what I wrote about her paper:

1. A) Teenage drinking, the age of legal drinking
B) The age should remain the same
C) The statistics
D) I think that the paragraph is a little unclear in terms of what exactly the article is about. Statistics are good, but they should be made a little clearer. There are some valid points, but they need to be emphasized and organized better.
2. Adolescents are pressured into drinking in high school by their friends (peer pressure), alcoholic parents, genetics, adolescent brains are still developing, feel the need to experience thrilling experiences, curiosity.
3. I didn’t see any counter-arguments (I was a little confused what the essay was trying to argue)
4. A) I didn’t really see any opposition
B) She did a good job with stating why adolescents are drawn toward drinking.
C) I think that the argument should be expressed clearer.
D) Argument?
E) …?
F) Maybe state why some people would change the drinking age as opposed to leaving it the same.
5. I think it is short and clear!
6. A) As said before, alcohol is the drug chosen by many adolescence, statistics show that from 8th grade to 12th grade, the adolescence picked alcohol over cigarettes and marijuana.
Revised: Leave out the “as said before” part and stick with the statistics part.
B) There are many causes to which why adolescence drink alcohol.
Revised: There are many causes to adolescents’ consumption of alcohol.
7. “Alcohol is one type of drugs” à drug, “one of the reason” à reasons
Look over some sentences that you used a lot of commas and see if they should be split up into different sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment